We have collected the feedback from the majority of users and carried out troubleshooting. You can get answers to the common problems when using JIRENO CUBE4.
Reminder: Do not make any changes or settings not described in the manual without authorization to avoid damage to the machine.
General Guidance of JIRENO CUBE4
Q: What operating system does the JIRENO CUBE4 run?
A: JIRENO CUBE4 runs the self-developed advanced JI-OS system based on Android 9.0.
Q: Does JIRENO CUBE4 support external speakers?
A: Yes, JIRENO CUBE4 supports Bluetooth 5.0 and equips with a 3.5mm headphone jack. You can connect it to speakers via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm audio cable.
Q: Do I need to use a projection screen to project?
A: You don't have to use a projection screen to project. As long as you have a blank white wall wide enough, you can get a maximum 200-inch projection size that displays the optimal image quality.
Q: Why doesn’t the power indicator light up?
A: The power plug is not properly inserted. Please insert the power plug into an electrical outlet properly.
Q: Why can’t I turn on the projector by pressing the On/Off button on the remote controller?
A: Check if the remote controller has run out of battery. If so, please replace it with 2xAAA batteries.
Q: Does the JIRENO CUBE4 have a battery in?
A: JIRENO CUBE4 has no built-in battery, but it supports charging with a DC power cable.
Q: What is the throw ratio of JIRENO CUBE4?
A: The throw ratio of JIRENO CUBE4 is 1.25:1.
Q: Is JIRENO CUBE4 a DLP projector or LCD?
A: JIRENO CUBE4 uses LCD technology.
Q: Can JIRENO CUBE4 adjust the brightness, contrast, and color temperature?
A: JIRENO CUBE4 doesn’t support adjusting the brightness, contrast, and color temperature.
Quick Use of JIRENO CUBE4
1. Remote Controller
Q: How to replace the batteries of JIRENO CUBE4’s remote controller?
A: Turn over the remote controller. Follow the direction of the triangle on the back cover and slide the whole back cover to replace or install the batteries.
Q: How to use the remote controller?
A: 1. The remote controller can be controlled by infrared or Bluetooth. Enter the Bluetooth interface to pair the projector with the remote control.
- The Bluetooth may not be connected to the remote control, or the Bluetooth is turned off. Please check if the remote control connects to the Bluetooth of the projector.
- For better use of Netflix, it is recommended to connect the projector with an external mouse or mouse function in EShare.
Q: How to remote when using Netflix?
A: Try to plug a wired mouse or a Bluetooth wireless mouse into the USB port of the projector to control it. For details, please refer to this tutorial: JIRENO CUBE4: 5 STEPS TO MAKE THE PROJECTOR A LARGE EXTERNAL MONITOR.
Q: How to adjust the clarity of the projected image?
A: JIRENO CUBE4 supports both auto-focus and manual focus. Please refer to the tutorial: 4 DIFFERENT WAYS TO ADJUST THE IMAGE WITH JIRENO CUBE4.
3. External Devices
Q: How to connect Bluetooth earphones to the projector?
A: Update the projector’s system to the latest version after a successful internet connection.
Q: How to search the apps on the projector?
A: The Play Store is preinstalled in the projector, you can search the apps in the store and download them. If you cannot search the app, you can download the APK from your laptop and install the app from an external U-disk.
Q: How to send files to the projector to project on the wall?
A: JIRENO CUBE4 doesn't support browsing files on it for now. You can only watch videos and pictures from an external device via the USB port or the HDMI port. Also, your mobile phone is allowed to be projected on the wall. Please check the tutorial article: 5 STEPS TO PROJECT MOBILE SCREEN ON A WALL USING JIRENO CUBE4.
4. Internet Connection
Q: What should I do if the internet connection fails?
A: Manually set the date and the time of the projector to the current time properly. If it doesn’t work, reset the router. If it still doesn’t work, reset the projector. For details, please refer to this tutorial: HOW TO FIX THE INTERNET CONNECTION ISSUES OF PROJECTOR?
Q: How to reset the projector?
A: If the system of your projector is 20220101 version, in the standby state, press and hold the power button for 10s, and let go when the blue indicator is on. For details, please refer to this: reset tutorial video (V 9.0).
If the system of your projector is 20220228 version, in the standby state, press and hold the power button for 15s, and let go when the blue indicator is off and the green indicator is on again. For details, please refer to this: reset tutorial video (V 9.1).
As one of the most popular streaming media, Netflix, the preinstalled app in the CUBE4 projector, can be watched easily on the product.
Enter the home screen and choose Netflix on the first row or enter More APPs and choose Netflix. Press the OK button to enter the app.
The Netflix app can be operated in four ways, allowing you to watch videos on a sprawling 200-inch projected surface freely.
1. Remote Controller
Step 1: After entering the app, press the Up direction button of the remote control to select SIGN IN. You will see a light-gray circle on it.
Step 2: Press the OK button to enter the login interface.
Step 3: Press the direction buttons to enter letters.
Step 4: After entering your Email, press Next to enter the password.
Step 5: Press SIGN IN to enter the app.
2. Mouse Mode of the Remote Control
When you turn on the mouse mode, you can operate easily with more functions and even update the program.
Step 1: Press and hold the menu/settings button for 2 seconds to enter Settings and select Mouse Mode.
Step 2: Press the OK button once to turn on the mouse mode. Then a mouse cursor will appear on the screen. You can long-press the direction buttons to move the pointer to go up, down, left and right.
Step 3: Press SIGN IN and then enter letters by pressing the direction buttons.
JIRENO CUBE4 also supports being operated by an actual mouse. As for the specific operations of the wired mouse and the wireless Bluetooth mouse, please refer to the article: JIRENO CUBE4: 5 STEPS TO MAKE THE PROJECTOR A LARGE EXTERNAL MONITOR.
You can also watch the tutorial video on YouTube to get the operation process more intuitively.
For the protection of the machine overheating, JIRENO CUBE4 projector may push a warning and automatically shut down sometimes.
If your JIRENO CUBE4 automatically shuts down occasionally without a warning, which may be caused by the poor contact of the power supply. Please check if the power cords are loose. If so, please make sure that they are in a tight connection.
If your CUBE4 automatically shuts down occasionally with a high-temperature warning appearing on the screen, it may be caused by the following situations:
1. The front and rear vents may be blocked when using the projector. Please remove the obstructions within 30cm of the front and rear vents.
2. The system may misjudge the high temperature. Please check if the system is updated. If not, please contact JIRENO after-sales team to get the OTA update package to update the system.
If your JIRENO CUBE4 always shuts down automatically without entering the homepage after turning the machine on, the system is stuck on boot. Please try the following steps:
1. Power off the projector. In the shutdown state, press and hold the power button on the projector for 10 seconds to reset the system. After the system is reset, it will take a few minutes to restart. Please be patient and wait for it.
2. After the projector restarts successfully, update the system to the latest version by selecting Settings > Update > Online update.
If your CUBE4 always shuts down automatically and a high-temperature warning appears on the screen after turning the machine on, there may be an NTC failure or heat-dissipation fans failure. Please try the following steps:
1. Check the front or rear vents for sound or hot air blowing out. You can place a small piece of paper in front of the front air vent, and observe whether the paper is blown by the wind.
2. If there is no sound or hot air, it means that the fans are failed. Please record a video of the status of this paper.
3. If the paper is blown by the wind, it means that the heat-dissipation fans work normally. Then power off the projector and try to reset the system in the shutdown state. Press and hold the power button on the projector for 10 seconds to reset the system.
4. After the projector restarts successfully, update the system to the latest version by selecting Settings > Update > Online update.
Note: For the after-sales service needs, please describe the problems with your product in detail:
1. What is the problem type of the projector?
2. What is the using environment (dry, humid, etc.,) of the projector?
3. Please send us the video of the fans’operation detection back.
If you still have an auto-shutdown issue, please feel free to contact JIRENO customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Make sure to mention that you have tried the listed steps so our staff does not ask you to repeat these steps.